Welcome to Electronic Rights Rainier!
We are Electronic Rights Rainier, a digital civil liberties organization for Washington State. Our mission is to champion privacy and security, which are necessary for a healthy American democracy, through community outreach, collaboration, education, and state and local policy advocacy. We teach people how to use secure technologies, advocate for state and local policies which support privacy and security, and work with other local organizations to support these goals.
Electronic Frontier Alliance
We are a member of the Electronic Frontier Alliance and endorse their five principles:
- Free Expression: People should be able to speak their minds to whoever will listen.
- Security: Technology should be trustworthy and answer to its users.
- Privacy: Technology should allow private and anonymous speech, and allow users to set their own parameters about what to share with whom.
- Creativity: Technology should promote progress by allowing people to build on the ideas, creations, and inventions of others.
- Access to Knowledge: Curiosity should be rewarded, not stifled.
The EFA upholds these principles by fighting for transparency and freedom in culture, code, and law. Electronic Rights Rainier expresses these principles through civic engagement and community education. Institutional transparency is also a core value of Electronic Rights Rainier -- you can find out more about how we integrate these principles with our activities and operations on our Practices of Privacy page.